Free Bus Driver Training in November
This course prepares students to meet the Maine DMV Class B driving requirements with a Bus endorsement.
The course consists of 45 hours of classroom instruction to prepare students for the state CDL written and skills exam and 30 hours of driving instruction to prepare for the state road test. The course takes place in Readfield. Transportation will be provided from Bangor to the classroom portion of the training.
Thursday, November 4 3:45 – 9:00 p.m.
Saturday, November 6 8:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Thursday, November 11 5:45 – 9:00 p.m.
Thursday, November 18 5:45 – 9:00 p.m.
Thursday, December 2 5:45 – 9:00 p.m.
Saturday, December 4 8:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Thursday, December 9 5:45 – 9:00 p.m.
Saturday, December 11 8:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Thursday, December 16 5:45 – 9:00 p.m.
Saturday, December 18 8:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
To be accepted into the program, students must agree to the following terms and conditions:
1. Participate in CASAS entry and exit testing
2. Be able to pass the physical requirements as defined by workplace health
3. Active participation in the 45 hours of required CDL classroom instruction.
4. Active participation in the 30 hours of required range and road driving instruction.
5. Must have reliable transportation. Students must provide their own transportation to and from the range and road driving instruction.
6. Must have viable phone and/or email address. If these change during the class period, it is the student’s responsibility to contact Bangor AE with updated contact information.
7. Students who do not provide instructors with a minimum 12 hours notification of rescheduled drive time or students who miss drive time will be responsible for paying $60 per hour missed time and will not be allowed to drive again until payment is received.
Once a student has been preliminary accepted into the program, they must additionally agree to:
1. Drug testing
2. DOT health physical
After students receive their class B driving permit and before they will be allowed to begin driving instruction, students will be drug tested a second time and agree to be subjected to random drug testing throughout their class enrollment.